Friday, April 18, 2014

The Upside of Down Syndrome

Even though our son has faced many challenges due to having down syndrome, there happen to be some benefits to having an extra 21st chromosome that allows you to see the world through different eyes. As a family we have been blessed as we choose to celebrate the lighter side of having a family member who has special needs.  With my son's permission I will begin sharing the "upside" of down syndrome through out this blog.
 
Proverbs 17:22  "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
 
UPSIDE # 1
  • You never have to settle for a blasé wardrobe!
    • I asked my eleven year old son to go get dressed for a pizza party we were attending.  With enthusiasm he exclaimed, “Sure mom!”.  Five minutes later he emerged from his bedroom proudly wearing this little number…
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love my great nephew. So funny...he is such a treasure! Alisha, I appreciate the 'upside' of down syndrome~doth make the heart merry! :)

    ReplyDelete